NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Hanging out in la-la land....aka the internet!

In actuality my depression is always a part of me...but in the fall and winter season it manifests itself more and even within this season I have my good and bad days. So I do various things to help that, as stated in these previous blog posts.

I have discovered that it helps me to go to la-la land for awhile when I am very down. I try to talk myself out of my sad feelings but sometimes I just need to go somewhere with my mind for awhile. For me, getting away or diverting my thoughts to something else usually helps a great deal.

Not everything works for me. When I am sad and melancholy, I have a hard time getting interested in books, organizing my surroundings, doing household tasks, working on projects, and the such.

I have a new found ability, or talent if you want to call it that. I love to write. That helps me. I love to watch movies. I love to get on the internet. We are all different and so we all have to find what helps and works for us.

Hanging out in la-la-land...aka the internet, is not all that bad. Some more healthy people will think it a big waste of time and that it will bring evil spirits. But the internet is chock full of helpful, interesting, fun, educational, and healthy information. It is a great learning place...and I am thinking only of the good, clean uplifting stuff. Educationally...the internet is unending in it’s resources. Whatever you want to know and learn about can be found in this form of la-la land...a temporary vacation spot for the sad, melancholy mind.