NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Can't Sleep?



When I am depressed I sometimes do and sometimes don’t have trouble falling asleep....once I get to bed, that is. There are some people I know that DO constantly have somewhat chronic trouble sleeping. And it sometimes is because of the depression medications they are on. On top of all those medications, now they have to take another one to help them to sleep.

Then maybe we can’t sleep because we are wound tighter than a drum from all the heavy stress we are under. And when we lay there trying to fall off to sleep our mind will just not calm down long enough…it keeps thinking and thinking about this, that, and the other.

We need to find a way to relax the body enough (along with the mind) to enable us to drift off. I have tried many different herbal products to relax my nerves and they have all helped somewhat. But this one product beats them all. I don’t know if I will get in trouble or not for mentioning the brand. But the name of the product is “Knock-out” by Schiff. I bought it at a health food store. It has Valerian, B vitamins and L-Theanine to help calm and relax the body so it can drift off to sleep….then it has Melatonin (made by the brain) to maintain normal sleep patterns. Once we can get our sleep patterns back to normal, we can stop taking Knock-out. Then if we should fall into the same non-sleep problems again….we just start taking the Knock-out again. A friend of mine was truly amazed at how well the tablets worked for her the first night she took them!


Another thing that helps me is to play some "sleep music" and leave it playing all night long. You can find special sleep music CD's that promote sleep by using Delta Waves to create prolonged states of tranquility. Delta Waves emulate brain waves in deep sleep, and can assist those who have trouble falling asleep. This kind of music is "different" but very, very effective.