NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Depression...such an elusive illness



I wish I could completely and fully understand the complexities of depression. Without medication, I deal with mine…and I know my depression is very mild compared to other peoples.

One of my friends, who also has chosen NOT to take meds for depression, is right now suffering terribly. For now, he has shut himself off from others, saying that his depression and mental pain are more than he wants to deal with.

It is so puzzling to me. Why does it have to be such a varied problem? Why does almost everyone suffer with depression in different ways and degrees? Why does one person that I know, who is ON depression meds…still does not feel and act right and has trouble functioning in his life? Why does another person I know, who is also ON meds…lives a fairly normal life, contributes to society and can enjoy doing the things she likes?

The human mind is so complex.