NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Monday, March 31, 2008

OF COURSE I will feel better if I get my proper sleep regularly!!!


Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z


With my computer addiction, I have had trouble getting myself to bed at night when I should. There for quite awhile, it would be 3, 4 or even 5am before I would finally shut the computer down and head for bed.

Reading up on circadian rhythm... http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/922567322.html .... in regards to our sleep/wake patterns....it is important that I not allow my body to get more artificial light and activity beyond a certain time at night, than my body is programmed for. If I do, I throw my body out of whack. (anyway that is the gist of it according to my understanding).

The older I am getting and the more I abuse my sleep patterns, the worse I was beginning to feel. I would try to go to bed earlier but it never lasted more than 2 or 3 nights and then I would be back into my old habit of staying up until 5am again.

I knew I was headed for big serious health problems if I didn’t do something to change that habit for good. Now I am striving to go to bed at a decent time and it has taken me about 2 or 3 weeks for my sleep patterns to regulate them self again. I can’t believe how much better I feel and how much more energy I have again. I don’t feel groggy all day and my brain is not in a fog. The more night hours (natural darkness) I sleep, the better I feel.

Bad sleep habits certainly do not help depression one bit. Better, longer sleep and plenty of sunshine and fresh air can work a miracle for our down days.