1. Get an 8 x 11 size sheet of lined paper and a pencil with an eraser.
2. Go to your favorite place in your house or yard.
3. Sit in a comfortable chair, and have a glass of your favorite beverage by your side.
4. Now....take the pencil in hand, and number your paper from 1 to 25, double spacing.
5 Begin...think about all the things that give meaning to your life and of which you are deeply grateful for. List each one briefly on the paper and keep going until you have 25 different things listed.
6. Using a magnet, put your paper on the front of your refrigerator and when you have your down days, take that paper, read it and remind yourself of all the things you have to be grateful for in your life. Give thanks, put a smile on your face, and then go do something nice for someone.