NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Knowing and understanding that I am an introvert has helped me so much!

.... I N N I E ....

Oh what a blessing to finally discover that I am not all alone in my feelings and habits of not being a people person or not feeling comfortable in large crowds or social events and struggling with carrying on a conversation with someone.

It is such a good feeling to know that I am not “weird” for enjoying time being just with myself. And that I am ok because I don’t WANT or NEED lots of social life and tons of friends.

Discovering that 1/3 of the population is introverted, brings lots of comfort and greater understanding and acceptance of myself. I am a normal introvert and that knowledge has brought me such relief!

There is a book called “The Introvert Advantage...how to thrive in an extrovert world”, written by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D. The author herself is an introvert. The book shows introverts how to work with, instead of against, their temperament to enjoy a well-lived life.



If you are interested in the book, click on the link below:

http://www.theintrovertadvantage.com/advantage.html