NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Are we harboring guilt and regrets?



Recently, a friend of mine asked me the question: “Do you ever get the feeling of regret for some of the things from your past”. My friend suffers a lot with depression.

This got me thinking. How much of the depression we suffer, stems from issues from our past that have not been dealt with, solved, or had closure to?

We ALL have made mistakes and wrong choices in our life that we regret and wish we could go back and do differently. We realize things that we may not have done right...or things we should have done and didn’t.

I try to make restitution for the situations that warrant it. I ask people’s forgiveness if that is the solution. But above all....above all....I need to forgive MYSELF. I need to stop beating myself up all the time over these issues.

The weight of carrying guilt and regret around for a long time can make us bent over with mental and emotional pain, depression, and self dislike. By taking our burdens to the Lord and asking for his forgiveness, strength, and help to forever, once and for all be able to lay these burdens aside, after we have done all that WE can do.....brings blessed relief and peace.


Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.