NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Music Therapy


We all have our favorite types of music. Stress, anxiety and depression are greatly soothed by the quiet, relaxing, and more calmer music.

If I can do something, anything, that will take my mind away from the sad, melancholy thoughts, and have it wash over me like a healing balm....music is just such a therapy.

This time of year we have such beautiful Christmas music with its powerful uplifting words and melody. Do we REALLY listen and ponder the words? Do we let the words of the song permeate our soul with hope and peace?

I have a good friend just recently tell me to try not to give in to the depression...to fight it off. Yes, I know sometimes it is more easily said, than done. But her statement is true, so true. So, play some of your favorite Christmas music or other type of relaxing music, lay on the couch with a soft pillow and warm blanket, close and rest your eyes for a bit, relax the muscles of your body, and just float along with the music. Such therapy!