NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Friday, October 26, 2007

My Plate is Full and Spilling Over


Sometimes I take on too many extra responsibilities, and say "yes" to too many things and people. In the beginning it seems to be ok and I can handle everything. But as time goes on I begin to notice all the little, more important things that need to be done and I don't have time to take care of them because of these "other" responsibilities. That is when the stress builds up. Then the stress leads to feelings of being overwhelmed. Then, for me, all that turns into depression and crying and a messed up nervous system I reach a point where I can't handle that pace anymore. I make myself come to a screeching halt, because I have learned the warning signs. It is now time to step back and take stock of my time schedule....and start cutting down on some of the things I am doing. I ask myself what is it that I'm doing that I feel that I am burned out on. I then eliminate those things. For my own mental, physical, and emotional health.....I have to do it!