NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Monday, October 29, 2007

A Mind Retreat...taking your mind somewhere else for awhile so it can relax and heal.

Try to take little mind retreats as often as you need them and for as long (time wise) as you can. This is so good for when you feel overwhelmed with life and even at depressions doorstep. Even more so, when you are rooming in depressions house. Find something you enjoy doing and that will hold your attention without having to think much....even if it is a big time waster. AND DON'T YOU DARE FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT!

The idea is to bring your mind temporarily to a place where it does not have to tax itself by thinking too much. In this way, your mind gets a chance to truly relax, so it can begin to heal a little. But don't forget to come back into the world again!!! You will then be refreshed and strengthened in mind and body, have a better outlook, and be ready to make any necessary eliminations of things to your time schedule, if that is what needs to be done.

My favorite mind retreat is to watch movies. I am truly a MOVIE LOVER. Sometimes I watch one movie right after another and I have been known to do this for a couple of days at a time. But it REALLY works for me. If I don't do this for myself, then my mind keeps dwelling on the problem and I stress myself out more and more and I go deeper and deeper into despair.