NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Friday, June 6, 2008

It's okay to want/need time alone

I recently returned from a trip to see my granddaughter get married. For two days I was around lots and lots of people, as the events and plans for the reception were taken care of and executed.

Needless to say, as an introvert, I was overwhelmed with so many people and talking and noise, etc. This is NOT a negative statement against these particular people....they are all wonderful individuals. The problem lies within ME, as it is a trademark of an introverted person.

So, for a couple of days after I returned home, I truly enjoyed shutting myself up in my little apartment, enjoying the solitude and peace and quiet so that I could re-energize myself. After that, I was fine again. So it is okay to want time alone for awhile to rest and regain strength and perspective.