NOTE ...And I offer a whole list of personally created "Therapies" to help you.

Roller Coaster of Life

Roller Coaster of Life
Life's Ups and Downs
.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Living in clutter and how it affects my depression


Why and how have I allowed this to happen? I can’t believe my eyes at the sight that I have been living with for the last 5 years. Clutter and junk everywhere! Piles of papers, stacks of books, my kitchen counter covered with you name it, stuff stacked upon stuff, and it is increasingly narrowing my pathway around my rooms. I can’t get to things to dust or vacuum.

One of my problems is....I have a studio size living area. Next problem is that I bring IN more stuff into my living area than I have the room for. Remember the familiar saying, “A place for everything...and everything in it’s place”

Well, after months of tripping over, knocking over, running into, and pushing aside stuff....I had had it!!! My depression loomed it’s ugly head in protest. I had one of the most horrible depression days that I have ever had. Not to mention that it was also the month of December....my worst time of year for seasonal depression (SAD).

Fortunate for me on that day, I was in the company of a good friend who is extremely good at organizing. After my crying had finished....we talked about it and she offered to come to my apartment and help and teach me to organize it.

She has been an answer to a prayer. She has taught me so much and I am beginning to feel hopeful that there is a light at the end of my messy tunnel....a chance for me to again live in a nice neat clean living area.

She learned these home organizational skills to de-clutter from a website that she visited, called “Flylady.com”. Fly...stands for Finally loving yourself. It is a wonderful site...very easy if you take baby-steps at the beginning of learning to rid your space of clutter and dirt.


If you suffer from the above problem too, click on this link to learn from Flylady. http://www.flylady.com/